Warmer Weather, Dean's Place, Website?

Discussions about tracks from the surrounding area

Warmer Weather, Dean's Place, Website?

Postby graffitilogic on Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:06 am

Hey Gang,

Been looking forward to dusting off my R/C Gear and maybe getting some more. My little boy being born put me on a year's hiatus from racing but now that he's a little more manageable, looking forward to getting back into it some.

So there are rumors floating about of Dean's little track opening back up. Personally, I like it b/c it's 12 miles from my house. :) But your track was always more fun and challenging.

A couple of years ago when I raced there, something that really stuck with me was how it seemed the timing of race weekends really didn't work out to promote the hobby. With race weekends often the same at your guys' track, B&T and Foley, it split up racers at everyone's disservice.
..and hey maybe given schedules that's what you want or don't care about it..

At any rate. Something I intended to do and the cool weather and windy days set me to do, was to throw another site together. http://www.gulfcoastrc.net
So, why another site?
Well, your guys' site is nice (i think). But it ends up being largely guys at your track only to some degree. On the flip side, the Foley Track site was pretty fail.. and B&T's had domain name issues, switched around alot and eventually died. I really wanted then to try to create a cingular location for R/C Hobbyists on the gulf coast. Somewhere where all tracks, track owners, hobby shops, race clubs, flight clubs and fields -- can post, share and collaborate and hopefully bring us a little closer and end in fuller rosters on race night for all.

So there it is. Free, ad-free (for now anyway) and hosted amongst my servers in Mobile where I've hosted other sites for the last 9 years.
This week, I'll get the event calendar added so any registered user can post things on the event calendar.

So, folks from your track can post race schedules, as can others and hopefully we all get bigger mains out of it.

Anyway, not intended as a replacement to, competition for or as an alternative to this great site, http://www.gulfcoastrc.net is now available for use to compliment your outreach to other tracks or your other R/C Hobbies.

I hope you someone gets some use out of it.
Best,

Bill
B44, RC18, RC8b(e), + some things that fly
My Gear: http://bit.ly/emDC7P
graffitilogic

Re: Warmer Weather, Dean's Place, Website?

Postby jered on Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:28 pm

B&T site is still going.It would be nice if Deans track opened back up,it's only 30 min. from me.
The Raven!
jered

Postby jered on Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:01 pm

Deans gonna work on the track Sunday at 1:00.
The Raven!
jered

Postby derekjdg3 on Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:35 pm

Could ya post directions to Deans place please.
HB D8Te
FT RC8e
derekjdg3

Postby jered on Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:05 pm

Take 98 west in foley then take a right on 49 in magnoila springs,its about a mile on the left.You should see one of those big arrow signs.Go to gulfcoastraceway site for better directions info on track #986-5502
The Raven!
jered

Postby CHIEF17 on Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:22 am

Yes, we're pretty spoiled with having a computer guru that keeps are site up and going. Thnx brian.
"There' s no such thing as a 'normal life' Wyatt, there's just life."
"The big secret is to keep practicing and never get discouraged when taking a good beating on the track" - Paul L
CHIEF17

Postby jeremy reed on Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:02 am

CHIEF17 wrote:Yes, we're pretty spoiled with having a computer guru that keeps are site up and going. Thnx brian.

Yeah,what he said.. :D
DONT RUN,YOU'LL ONLY DIE TIRED
I'VE NEVER LOST,JUST RUNNING BEHIND WHEN TIME RAN OUT....
NON PARTICIPANT OF FORUM WARS
jeremy reed

Postby bnelson459 on Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:37 am

Track in orange beach is still very much in play. I am getting close I believe to being able to start it. Also, the track at 54 and 55 in Silverhill is nearing completion. Owners name is Scott Collins and he owns the Zone gas station which is were the track is. He is going to have parts and supplies and is a Red Cat dealer. Should be a real nice setup.
bnelson459

Return to Out Of Towners