Orange Beach Al City Track

Discussions about tracks from the surrounding area

Re: Orange Beach Al City Track

Postby Brian Davis on Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:15 pm

Ouch.. I stand corrected. Field line must've skyrocketed in the last couple of years. :oops: :?
Brian Davis

Postby David Brown on Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:33 pm

Yea,it costs a lot to move s--t.
DAVID BROWN
David Brown

Postby derekjdg3 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:34 pm

bnelson459 wrote:New info is, I have a meeing with the mayor, the director of the sports plex and the director of public works to nail down the location, and arrange for dirt, tractors, etc. This meeting will take place on the 22nd. If anyone has a line on any corriagated pipe or any other materials that might be needed for the contruction please let me know. I am working on an email group to be able to send out updates and info for work days. Also if anyone has any info such as numbers of racers on race days that I can use for ammunition during this meeting please let me know. Things are looking pretty good so far. Mayor Kennon seems to be very interested in this project. Would like to work together with Mobile RC. I think another track in the area would be good for everyone overall. I came over and ran my truck at the Mobile track Sunday and had a very good time.

Bruce, thats great news. I don't have a material supplier in Baldwin County but I do however have some contacts through work who may be able to set me up with some. Jason and I are more than willing to assist in Labor and anything else you may need. Glad you came over to our track, we are enjoying it too. Thanks for the update.
HB D8Te
FT RC8e
derekjdg3

Postby jered on Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:39 pm

Yes at 55 a roll at Ace
The Raven!
jered

Postby dhunt488 on Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:01 pm

Brian Davis wrote:Ouch.. I stand corrected. Field line must've skyrocketed in the last couple of years. :oops: :?

yeah,its a by-product of petroleum.....
TLR 8ight T 3.0 / novarossi / jr. Servos / airtronics m11x / sweep racing tires / stikman rc / pro tech
dhunt488

Postby Brian Davis on Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:50 pm

dhunt488 wrote:yeah,its a by-product of petroleum.....

So is KY Jelly - too bad the oil companies never use any. :cry:
Brian Davis

Postby bnelson459 on Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:39 pm

Just wanted to let you all know that I had the meeting with the mayor today in Orange Beach. Also in attendance was the director of public works, the director of the sports plex, Councilman Silvers and Louis from Orange Beach Hobby. The meeting went better than I could ever have imagined. All those in the meeting were 100% on board. A site has been selected and this is going to become more than just a single off road track. We have basically been given an area than with time will become an RC park with possibilities of Off Road, Oval, Rock Crawler, and Steet. The first will be and Off Road track and construction will begin as soon as a few legal things are taken care of with the city. The Orange Beach RC Club will probably have to incorporate or become an LLC. in order to go into a contract with the city on the use and up keep of this site. It really is less complicated than it sounds but is necessary to make this work. Please spread the word we will need many involved to make this a reality. I will keep you all posted as news comes out. Just know that this is going to happen. In the mean time if any of you come across any materials that can be used in the construction of this track please go ahead and secure those item so they can be ready when we get the go ahead to start. Hope to get started within the next month. Also please visit the Facebook page at Orange Beach RC Club. I will also post info there too, so hit the like button so you will get updates.

Thanks for your support,

Bruce
bnelson459

Postby Dresven on Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:52 pm

That is awsome. Let me know when to show up to help. Weekends are my best days. I know that he next three of those are kinda hectic, but will help as much as possible. The track in Mobile is looking great! That clay that Derek got helped out so much.
FT SC10
SC10 4x4
RC8Be

Will Paint RC Bodies for Cash
Will Clean Computer Viruses for Cash

http://www.rogueit.com/
Dresven

Postby derekjdg3 on Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:30 pm

Thats awesome news man, glad it was a positive meeting. Once yall are up and going, maybe other local towns and cities will open the doors to the RC world as well. Once again, I keep saying it, I am here to assist in any efforts needed. I really want to be involved in anyway I can. Bruce I am going to email you with a few ideas on promoting the Club, Track and Races. Thanks for the great news update!
HB D8Te
FT RC8e
derekjdg3

Postby sladerholt on Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:53 pm

Is the track ready to run? I'm from North AL and will be in Orange Beach tomorrow (Sunday March 13) through next Thursday. Me and my son would love to try out the dirt with our T Maxx 2.5 and 3.3.

I don't know if this board emails me if anyone replies, if not, shoot me email and let me know if the track is up and running. Would be glad to contribute a few bucks to the cause. -sa
sladerholt

Postby Dresven on Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:15 pm

They haven't started yet the last I heard.
FT SC10
SC10 4x4
RC8Be

Will Paint RC Bodies for Cash
Will Clean Computer Viruses for Cash

http://www.rogueit.com/
Dresven

Postby bnelson459 on Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:36 pm

To all of those who are interested, I need your help. The City of Orange Beach RC Track will be going before the Committee of the Whole council meeting on April 26th at 5 pm at City Hall in Orange Beach. Please, if any of you can come out and help support this that evening I would really appreciate it. I will probably have speak to the council about the pros and cons and how it will benefit the city. That is obviously easy to do. If it makes it through the Committee of the Whole on the 26th it, and I believe it will, then it would be passed in the regular council meeting the following Tuesday. The site has been picked and all we need is approval from the council to start. Thanks in advance for your support.
bnelson459

Postby derekjdg3 on Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:42 pm

I'll try to be there. Wouldn't miss it. ;)
HB D8Te
FT RC8e
derekjdg3

Postby bnelson459 on Fri May 06, 2011 2:50 pm

Guys, This should be the last council meeting I have to attend and I would appriciate anyone who can come out on Tuesday 5/7/2011 at 5 pm. Location is Orange Beach City Hall. The more support the better. I have talked with the Mayor and the City Administrator this week and they are ready to go. The council meeting is just for a final blessing. Should be starting the track very soon. Thanks in advance.
bnelson459

Postby bnelson459 on Wed May 18, 2011 4:13 pm

Just wanted to let everyone know that in last nights council meeting, 5/17/2011, there was a resolution passed designating a piece of Orange Beach city property for use as a RC track/park. It is the piece of property that was requested. It is located behind the old sewer plant off of Sweetwater Drive. Logistic are now being worked out and details as to what extent the city will help with construction. It was made clear that the city would provide the property and any materials that they have laying around to aid in construction but would not purchase any material. That may change with time but it was done like this for reasons that I do not have enough room on this forum to write about. The Mayor and City Administrator are 110% behing this project. I hope construction of this track to begin very soon. If anyone would like to help with construction or have or know of any materials that could help with this track please email me at k2mucket@yahoo.com. :D

Thanks, Bruce Nelson
bnelson459

PreviousNext

Return to Out Of Towners